I love me a little essence when I pop into Clicks or DisChem – it’s ridiculously affordable, they bring out trendy bits and bobs very timely, and the quality is comparable to products three to four times the price.
The trend editions often come and go before I even get to the stores, but recently I was sent some products to sample from the two that are currently on shelves – Vintage District and Me and my Ice Cream.
Essence Me & My Ice Cream
Soft, sorbet-like pastels, vanilla scents, marbled swirls, toppings – you’re welcome to pretend it’s summer for just a little while longer.
- Baked eyeshadow in 01 Cone Head, 02 Icylicious and 03 Always in my mint, R39.95
- Lip balms in 01 Ice, ice baby, 02 Icylicious and 03 Ben & cherries, R39.95
- Cream blush in 01 Ice bomb, R39.95 (a steal)
- Shimmer Pearls in 01 I-cy u, R44.95 (I’m not part of the dupe brigade but they look A LOT like the Guerlain Meteorites pearls)
- Nail polish in 01 Ben & cherries, 02 Always on my mint, 03 Ice, ice baby, 04 Icylicious (R24.95)
- Nail topping sticker in 01 Rainbow sprinkles, R29.95
- Hand wipes in 01 I scream ice cream, R19.95 (dying to smell these)
I have the eyeshadow in 03 Always in my Mint and the lip balm in 02 Icylicious. The eyeshadow feels velvety soft and makes a killer highlighter, and the lip balm smells like the creamiest vanilla you can imagine.
The Me & my ice cream trend edition is exclusive to Clicks and will filter into stores from next week. It will be available until May.
Essence Vintage District
Inspired by fashion hotspots around the world – very retro, very bohemian.
- Eyeshadow in 01 I’m so retro, 02 Shopping @ Portobello road and 03 Get arty, R29.95
- Gel eyeliner set in 01 Shopping @ Portobello road and 02 Get Arty, R34.95
- Duo lipstick & gloss in 01 Vintage peach and 02 Antique pink, R39.95
- Multi colour blush in 01 It’s Popul-art, R44.95
- Nail polish in 01 Vintage Peach, 02 Shopping @ Portobello road, 03 Antique pink and 04 Get Arty, R24.95
- Gel look top coat in 01 Shine like new, R24.95
- Nail art decoration kit in 01 Something g-old and 02 Designer for a day, R34.95
I have the nail polish in Antique Pink, a beautiful dusky rose shade; and the nail art decoration kit in 02 Designer for a day. There are some very cool glitters in there, and I might just get jiggy with it if inspiration strikes.
Vintage District is available in both Clicks and DisChem until June.